Analysis is an inverse problem solving process in engineering. The system and its parameters are known and response of the system is to be predicted against desired input. Mechanical components are analyzed by means of prototyping to check its validity under actual operating conditions. Finite element analysis is prototyping technique to better understand how design will perform under certain operating conditions.
What is FEA?
Finite Element Analysis is a
1. Mathematical representation of a physical system comprising a part/assembly (model), material properties, and applicable boundary conditions (collectively referred to as pre-processing)
2. The solution of this mathematical representation (solving), and
3. The study of results of the solution (post-processing)
Today’s advanced FEA computer codes can incorporate modeling, analysis and subsequent optimization for making better products. Moreover, the product development cycle is shortened with reduction in development cost as experimental route is avoided.
Who can get benefit of FE Analysis?
Traditionally any organization involved in product design and development activity is the main user of FEA. Earlier this use was limited to automotive, aerospace and power sector giants as they are having in house R & D facility. However, small and medium scale industries are also exploring the potential of FEA. Proper simulation in FEA can save several trial and error efforts that too in short time and in cost effective manner. People involved in following activities are the potential users of FEA.
1. Product development activity in which conducting test to check its feasibility is not possible due to cost and time constraints e.g. Fatigue aspects
2. Failure analysis and subsequent modifications to get better design
3. Design optimization of geometric configuration, material and processes
Our competence in FEA
R & D center at Mechwell Industries ltd. Nasik is having full fleshed capability and infrastructure for Computational mechanics viz. CFD and FEA. At present we are using commercial FEA package ANSYS-11 (Workbench and Classic environments) along with expert team of post graduate mechanical engineers. With 26 years of experience in power sector we are looking forward to extend our service domain to automotive and aerospace industries.
Continual learning and excellence in transforming ideas into reality is our way to solve engineering problems. We are well prepared to handle the challenges in today’s industrial scenario. Some of the areas for which we can provide the design and analysis solutions are as follows:
- Structural analysis of Sinter Crusher Deck (Static, linear, thermal and design optimization)
Stress and Deformation pattern for deck plate and base plate
2. Structural analysis of Coal Bunker (Static, linear, thermal and design optimization)
Stress and Deformation Pattern in Coal storage Bunker
3. Structural analysis of Expansion Joint (Static, linear, thermal and design optimization)
Stress and Deformation Pattern in Expansion Joint
4. Mechanical equipment design considering elevated temperature aspects (creep, fatigue, creep fatigue interactions and thermo mechanical fatigue)
5. Design and FE analysis for welded structures/components
6. Bearings (hydrodynamic and rolling contact) and rotating machinery
7. Special purpose equipment and material handling/ground handling equipments
Von Mises Stress at Critical Weld Location in Coal storage Bunker
8. Space frame design (Static Structural Linear Analysis)
Space Frame Design of Solar Parabola Structure
We are keen to learn and looking forward to share this learning experience and wisdom with our clients.